Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I'm about to ...

rename this blog. Something like "The Adventures of a Bad Baby" sounds appropriate. Ugh.

Yesterday I was baking a cake and had to step out of the kitchen for a minute. He pushed a chair over to the counter and dropped a dozen eggs on the floor. One by one.

Later in the day I found him sitting on the kitchen counter with a sharp knife. And an open bottle of children's Tylenol. (childproof lids mean nothing to him.)



Today I found him on top of the stove. Naked. Playing with antique apothecary jars. And a bread knife. And he'd peed on the stove. That's gonna be fun when I have to turn the stove on again. Thankfully he didn't turn it on and burn himself.

It's not like this child is neglected or unwatched. He's just so busy constantly that I cannot keep up.

God seriously thinks this is funny, I think.

3 comments:

Alayna said...

Too funny!
I've had mommy days like that too. It's a good thing they are so cute!

kim* said...

Any one that has kids, been a caregiver knows... we know! I have a nephew like that...he is still pretty young18 months, i think. He i s learning... crazy rascals, lol.

j said...

Bless your heart!!! He is something all right. But OH how cute he looks. I bet he looks like a little angel when he all snuggled into bed. And I bet you tip toe and dare anyone to make a sound. HA!!

Jen