Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Great Destash of '08....

One of my goals for the new year is to get more organized. (I know, don't we all?)

I've been just tackling small projects at a time and I have to tell ya, it feels GREAT!

One day I cleared out the bathroom medicine cabinets. (In 10 years of marriage The Man has not worn Brut33 cologne, but I found 2 bottles in there. Gross!)

One day it was The Baby's dresser. Whew! That was a big job but it felt soooo great to get it done. Now the only things in there are items that actually *fit* him. What a strange concept, huh?

One day I cleared out all of my magazines. You know those ones you tell yourself you're saving to go through them again, but in reality you'll never find the time? Yeah, mine are now GONE! YAY!! Straight to the recycling bin with those bad boys.

These little bits at a time feel so good and are doing so much for my psyche. I just feel happier about it all!

6 comments:

Fulmer Fam said...

Oh no, not really the magazine stash! I am not there yet, but I am getting together a pretty big box of stuff to freecycle. Thanks for your kind comments about my son, by the way that is the way he is :)

Artifax said...

Great job! I love decluttering and reorganizing the house - feels great to have everything in it's place and looking good :)

j said...

Very inspirational. If I can quit my blog addiction, I may follow you into the de-cluttering world. I like your site! Thanks for stopping by to see me recently - always great to hear from new folks. Your About Me picture is great, very nice smile. And yes GOD is always up to something. He is just so GOOD! - Jennifer

Unknown said...

Baby steps, my dear. You are well on your way!

FYI, I plan to feature your cute earring and another Etsy pendant on my birthday - February 20th. You'll get special TLC. :-)

Love said...

oh i love this feeling. when something's starting to get to me i can even feel my soul starting to clutter. and i feel so light when it's done! =)

Charity Grace said...

I've been decluttering too. Doesn't it feel good? It will feel even better for me when all the big garage sale boxes are out of the dining room floor! :)