Thursday, May 22, 2008

Asian Noodle Stuff

Please tell me that I'm not the only mom who's home turns into complete chaos at dinner time.

Fortunately almost all of my recipes are quick and easy and don't require any real measuring...

Boil whole wheat spaghetti noodles.


Then I tell him to get out from under my feet and go play.


I set out these ingredients.


"Ma!" (He calls me Ma.)


I tell him again to go play, then in the last few minutes of the pasta boiling I throw in a bag of frozen broccoli.


"Ma! Ma! Ma!" (now he's broken hearted.)


Oh yeah, those sauces above? Mix them in a measuring cup to equal about 1 cup of liquid. I do 1/4 cup of Italian dressing and eyeball the rest until I have 1 cup. Put it in a small pot and bring it to a simmer. I also throw in some garlic and ginger.

Now he's made a mess of the floor and has moved on to the dog's food and is throwing handfuls at me.


The dog happily comes to clean it up, The Baby is screaming at me again.


I drain the pasta and broccoli (somewhere in there I cooked some chicken too), then toss it all with the sauce.


Finally! I pay attention to the ultra needy turd Baby, make a dish of noodles for the big kids and we can all eat.

It's quick and easy and healthful! You can, of course, adjust as you need. Add pork or sliced steak instead of chicken. Add chopped mushrooms. Add a bag of stir fry veggies instead of broccoli. Whatever.

Dinner time wears me out some days.

7 comments:

Victoria said...

Sounds good and looks delicious!

I have been a mom for 19 years now, and after all of these years, dinner still takes me completely by surprise! Around five o'clock every evening it dawns on me that I have to make dinner... again!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

LOL!! Oh, I remember those days so well! Your dinner sounds yummy, I'll have to give your recipe a shot.
Smiles, Karen

My Trendy Tykes said...

Sounds like a winner to me!

Linda

Sew Gracious said...

Love those quick dinners! I make something similar with the Kraft Light Asian dressing & teriyake. I love how the broccoli cooks in the pasta water!

Your little guy is too cute! ;-)

Unknown said...

I am a stirfry failure and have yet to find a sauce that I love. This one definitely looks like it was worth a try!

Dana said...

Yum!

Anonymous said...

I'll have to try this!