Saturday, March 15, 2008

A perfectly good dinner...

Do you remember these from when you were a kid? The egg in a hole. I think some people call them popeyes.

The instructions are complicated so follow carefully.

Take a slice of bread and tear a hole in the center.
Butter both sides because you're going to be frying it like a grilled cheese sandwich.
Drop it into a hot skillet and crack an egg into that beautiful hole.
Flip it over when you're ready.
Salt, pepper and you're done. YUM-O! Serve with a fruit smoothie and you'll have perfectly happy kids and a surprisingly easy and nutritious meal. Well done mom.

8 comments:

Moonchild Dancing! said...

I think I know what my kids are going to have for breakfast tomorrow morning. :)

carole said...

That looks soooo good!

Unknown said...

I have NEVER heard of this before in my life BUT it LOOKS really YUMMY!
Comfort food here I come!
...ok.
I bet my BF will devour this!

BeadedBaubles said...

My kids used to love this when they were little.

Muum said...

My mom used to make something very similar for us! thanks for visitingmy blog last week!

Jen&Carter said...

I remembers those a kid.It brings back memories.

My Trendy Tykes said...

I have never had an egg cooked like this but I am going to try it for lunch today!!

Linda

Unknown said...

LOVED those when I was a kid! Still do...we call 'em toad-in-the-hole. :)